Dr. Anahita Azharian welcomes the residents of Dade City, FL to visit Magnolia Plastic Surgery Center for a free Mommy Makeover Dade City consultation. We offer top quality plastic surgery service and short commute times.
What is a mommy makeover?
The goal of a mommy makeover Dade City, FL is to restore the shape and appearance of a woman’s body after child-bearing. Many women notice changes in their bodies post-pregnancy. There are many areas of the body that can be addressed, most commonly the breasts, abdomen, waist, genitalia, and buttocks. A mommy makeover is typically performed as a single stage procedure. There are many techniques used to perform a mommy makeover, and many factors should be taken into consideration when choosing which techniques are best:
- Desired amount of restoration
- Placement of the incisions
- Type of implant used
Possible procedures in a mommy makeover Dade City, FL
Mommy Makeover Dade City Cost
The cost for mommy makeover surgery will vary based on the chosen procedures to be performed as part of the makeover as well as geographic location.
Mommy makeover costs may include:
- Surgeon’s fee
- Hospital or surgical facility costs
- Anesthesia fees
- Prescriptions for medication
- Post-surgery garments
- Medical tests and x-rays
When choosing a board-certified plastic surgeon in Dade City area for mommy makeover surgery, remember that the surgeon’s experience and your comfort with him or her are just as important as the final cost of the surgery.
Mommy makeover Dade City candidates
Mommy makeover surgery is a highly individualized procedure. You should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else’s desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.
You may be a candidate for mommy makeover surgery if:
- You are in good medical health
- You are at your ideal body weight
- You have a positive outlook and realistic expectations
- You are finished with child-bearing
Mommy makeover recovery
Following your mommy makeover Dade City surgery, gauze or bandages will be applied to your incisions. An elastic bandage or support bra will minimize swelling and support the breasts. A compression garment may also be used to control swelling in the abdomen, waist and buttocks.
You will be given specific instructions that may include:
- How to care for your surgical site(s) following surgery
- Medications to apply or take orally to aid healing and reduce the risk of infection
- Specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in your general health
- When to follow up with your plastic surgeon.
Be sure to ask your plastic surgeon specific questions about what you can expect during your individual recovery period:
- Where will I be taken after my surgery is complete?
- What medication will I be given or prescribed after surgery?
- Will I have dressings/bandages after surgery? When will they be removed?
- Will there be drains? For how long?
- When can I bathe or shower?
- When can I resume normal activity and exercise?
- When do I return for follow-up care?
Healing will continue for several weeks as swelling decreases and the shape of the breasts, abdomen, waist, genitalia and buttocks improves. Continue to follow your plastic surgeon’s instructions and attend follow-up visits as scheduled.
Mommy makeover results
Mommy Makeover Dade City, FL
The final results of mommy makeover Dade City surgery may not be fully apparent for several months after surgery.
Over time, the implants will settle and the scar lines will improve, although they’ll never disappear completely. There are trade-offs, but most women feel these are small compared to the large improvement in their self-confidence after surgery.
When you go home, if you experience shortness of breath, chest pains or unusual heartbeats, seek medical attention immediately. Should any of these complications occur, you may require hospitalization and additional treatment.
The practice of medicine and surgery is not an exact science. Although good results are expected, there is no guarantee. In some situations, it may not be possible to achieve optimal results with a single surgical procedure and another surgery may be necessary.
Following your physician’s instructions is key to the success of your surgery. It is important that the surgical incisions are not subjected to excessive force, abrasion, or motion during the time of healing. Your doctor will give you specific instructions on how to care for yourself.
Your mommy makeover consultation
During your mommy makeover Dade City consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your surgical goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous surgeries
Your plastic surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Examine your breasts, abdomen, genitalia, and/or buttocks and take measurements of their size and shape, skin quality and skin thickness
- Take photographs
- Discuss your options and recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of mommy makeover surgery and any risks or potential complications
Be sure to ask your plastic surgeon questions. It’s very important to understand all aspects of your mommy makeover. To help, we have prepared a checklist of questions to ask your plastic surgeon that you can take with you to your consultation.
It’s natural to feel some anxiety, whether it’s excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of preoperative stress. Don’t be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.