Weight loss, aging, even genetics can cause you to have sagging, drooping and/or excess skin on your arms, thighs, abdomen, belly and breasts/chest. This is seen most dramatically as the result of significant weight loss, whether from diet and exercise weight-loss surgery.
With body contouring in Tampa Bay Area, you can gain smoother, firmer contours and a more youthful appearance. Depending on desired results, body contouring may include a tummy tuck, thigh lift, arm lift and/or breast lift.
While the desire for a better-looking body may motivate you to consider body contouring, research shows that body contouring surgery can have positive influence on the mind as well as the body. This includes:
- Motivation to maintain weight loss. A Swiss study found that weight-loss surgery patients who have surgery to remove excess skin were more likely to keep the weight off compared to those who didn’t have contouring procedures.
- Being happier. Another European study compared patients who had a cosmetic procedure with individuals who considered plastic surgery but decided not to. The researchers found that patients who underwent cosmetic surgery were happier than those who opted out. Cosmetic surgery patients also reported more overall satisfaction with their lives and felt healthier.
- Improved self-image, self-esteem and confidence. There is mounting evidence that cosmetic procedures have a positive impact on a person’s emotional well-being.
- Better physical comfort. Loose skin can be an uncomfortable reminder of the excess weight you once carried. Large folds of excess skin are also subject to skin rashes, infections and irritation.
- Improved quality of life. Research also shows that when you look good and feel good, you are more likely to engage in activities, have a better social life, enjoy an improved sex life and live a healthier lifestyle.
To learn more about body contouring surgery or to schedule a confidential consultation, contact Magnolia Plastic Surgery Center.